I am not a huge fan of apples but we always seem to have them around at home. RB needs his apples all the time and I have no idea when he eats them, but they keep disappearing pretty fast! Growing up my dad would have to peel the skin and literally shove them in my mouth to make me eat them 🙂 It’s not like I do not like the taste of it. I like them all white and fresh and even a teeny tiny bit of brown appearing on them puts me off. While I am picky about eating apples as it is, I love them in desserts and milkshakes. This apple and peach milkshake is ridiculously simple and healthy. I have added some almonds to give the needed creaminess making it healthy and nutritious.
- 2 apples peeled and roughly chopped (I used red apples. Any variety should work well)
- 1 peach roughly chopped (I peeled the skins)
- 11/2 tbsp almonds soaked in hot water
- 1/2 cup milk ( add more milk if you do not want it thick)
- 1 – 2 tbsp honey/agave nectar (use as per the sweetness of your fruits)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- A tiny pinch of salt (optional)
Soak the almonds in hot water for 15-20 minutes.
Blend all the ingredients to make a thick and creamy shake.
Serve chilled with slivered almonds and ice cubes.
(You can add some vanilla ice cream to the shake if you are ok with some extra calories :))